About Coolum: Introduction - Getting Here - Surf Cam Virtual Tours: Check out our Gallery
Coolum Beach and the surrounding beaches of Mudjimba, Marcoola and Peregian, provide visitors with a tranquil escape from the bustle of major cities and other busy beaches on the Sunshine Coast. The region has grown enormously provides the ideal holiday escape destination for singles, couples and families alike for either a weekend escapes or for an extended holiday.
- Fully patrolled surf beaches all year round Beach Cam
- Wide-open beaches providing some of the best surf breaks on the Sunshine - coast regardless of the weather conditions. These sandy beaches are perfect for the early morning or late afternoon stroll.
- The rocky headlands of Point Perry and Point Arkwright are in stark contrast to the wide open beaches and provide the perfect viewing platforms from where you can take in a wide angle view to other headlands. You can enjoy the sound of the waves crashing onto the rocky outcrops, view the frenzy of the feeding birds over a school of fish and enjoy the talents of the surfers as they challenge the swell. During certain times of the year whales can be viewed passing by.
- Accommodation to suite all types of travellers from Three Star to Five Star, Caravan Parks, Beachhouses. These include absolute beachfront complexes, resort style apartments and luxury Penthouse apartments with roof-decks providing stunning ocean views of the majestic coastline. The Beachhouses provide the perfect getaway for the large families and groups looking for a quiet location from which to enjoy their time away together. Some of these are located on the beachfront while others are in an elevated position taking in coastline views or views over the Hyatt Regency.
- Some of the best known Cafs, Bars and restaurants on the Sunshine Coast perfect for the all day dining or to wind down after a busy day at the beach. Check them out
- Entertainment venues for events live bands & local markets. Whats On
- Shopping of all types from grocery, jewellery, fashion and lifestyle and home wares stores.
- Try a skydive with Skydive Ramblers and enjoy the spectacular views during the 20 minute jump and experience the rare enjoyment of landing on the open beach at Coolum
- Due to its central location on the Sunshine Coast, Coolum provides easy access to local Tourist Attractions including The Ginger Factory, Australia Zoo and The Big Pineapple Book Here
- Close proximity to premier Golf Courses including Novotel Twin Waters, Hyatt Regency, Mount Coolum, Noosa Springs and Pelican Waters.
Check them Out
- The Real Estate in this region has made it one of the "Hot Spots" in the Australian Real Estate industry. Whats for Sale
- The landmark feature, Mount Coolum, is a major attraction to the avid bushwalker and tourists alike. The views from Mount Coolum are absolutely breathtaking.Look here
- The surrounding areas of Coolum include Peregian Beach, Yaroomba, Mount Coolum, Marcoola Beach, Mudjimba Beach and Yandina each has their own unique attraction
- Coolum provides to the visitor visible and physical contrasts from the wide-open beaches, the enormity and presence of Mount Coolum to the vast cane fields and farming areas surrounding the area.
The Coolum region has become internationally known for the events hosted in the region. These include:
- The Australian PGA Golf Championship held at the Hyatt Regency Coolum from 2002 through to 2006. This is one of the major events on the Australian Golfing calendar.
- The Coolum KiteFestival that provides an exciting and colourful aerial display of Kites including some of the largest kites in the southern hemisphere. It is held on the beach at Coolum in September on an annual basis and is an event enjoyed by all of those who attend. It is not to be missed
- Nutri Grain Iron Man series
- National VB Surfboat Series
- The launch of the National Coates Rally car championship
Whether you are looking to relax and unwind or wanting to take in all that Coolum and its surrounds has to offer, we know youll enjoy your stay.
If you want to know more about what Coolum has to offer as the perfect holiday & lifestyle destination visit www.coolum.com.au. Otherwise simply email us with your enquiry.
Enjoy your stay!